in response to: We went there for Chinese New ...
They've moved to 680 silver star blvd, scarbough, Ontario. Newly renovated and much bigger dining area with surrounding fish tanks. A real tourist attraction!
Excellent restaurant serving live lobsters and king crabs. My #1 choice every time I visit Toronto
Food not bad. Service at first was not bad until the final 5 minutes before we left.
We had reserved a table of 10 person for 6pm 2 days in advance. Waited until 6:30 to get the table. Placed order at around 6:45 (it took quite a while to study the menu). First course came at around 7:10. All other courses came in within 15 minutes. (So far so good!) At 8:15, the last complimentary course -- black sesame desert came together with the bill which we had not asked for it yet. At 8:20, a waitress approached our table urging us to leave. She said we were supposed to finish and leave at 8pm for the next round of customers. We said we got the table at 6:30 which was half an hour late and she said it was almost 8:30 at that time. Her meaning was that the half an hour was compensated. We were all angry with that. She was absolutely not necessary to urge us because we were already wrapping up to leave. This made my rating from
We went there for Chinese New Year dinner with the whole family. Would not recomend this restaurant for several reasons-
1)the place was freezing and everyone one had to wear their coats.
2) they pack you in like sardines we had to sit close to each other and had to move our chairs when people moved around
3) price is not cheap
4) the place needs to be renovated
5) place was dirty
6) they brought the dishes with the "clothing pins" on the dishes and they were disgustingly filthy.
7) We paid over $500 for a 6 course dinner for 17 people and the portions were small, we went home still hungry.
8) We had to wait a long time for food to come
9) Last but not least, there was a hair in the food.
We would not go back to this restaurant again. There are restaurant that has better food, cheaper, clean & nice decor and better priced.
From a scale of 1 to 10, this would be a minus 5.